Did you know the average working American spends 7+ hours a day on the computer?
Computer Vision Syndrome, also referred to as Digital Eye Strain, describes a group of eye and vision-related problems that result from prolonged computer, tablet, e-reader and cell phone use. Many individuals experience eye discomfort and vision problems when viewing digital screens for extended periods. The level of discomfort appears to increase with the amount of digital screen use. To help alleviate digital eye strain, follow the 20-20-20 rule; take a 20-second break to view something 20 feet away every 20 minutes.
The most common symptoms associated with Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) or Digital Eye Strain are:
- blurred vision
- dry eyes
- neck and shoulder pain
These symptoms may be caused by:
- poor lighting
- glare on a digital screen
- improper viewing distances
- poor seating posture
- uncorrected vision problems
- a combination of these factors
Is Computer Vision Syndrome affecting you? Optical Fashions is here to help! We offer a variety of lens treatments to help solve any vision problem you may have.
A lens treatment is a special additive that either bonds with the lens, or is built into the lens during the lens manufacturing process. Lens treatments are available as individual additions to lenses, and are also commonly bundled into single lens products for convenience and maximum benefit to your eyes.
Common Lens Coatings & Treatments:
- Anti-Reflective: For fashion, comfort and clarity, anti-reflective treatments are the way to go. They make the lens nearly invisible and cut glare from headlights, computer screens and harsh lighting.
- Blue Light Protection: This lens treatment cuts out harmful blue-violet wavelengths whereas a standard lens without blue filter doesn’t. The harmful blue-violet light is partially absorbed by the lens and converted into harmless and unperceived heat while the beneficial blue-turquoise light pass through
- UV Protection: The UV rays in sunlight can be harmful to the eyes. Lenses that block 100% UV help to ward off various eye conditions and damage.