The receptionists are the first people you will encounter when coming to our practice. Their role is to get you headed in the right direction depending on the reason for your visit. Patients will start their exam by registering with our staff. They will also look to the front desk staff for picking up products and inquiring about general information.
The optometric assistants are the second people you will see if you are here for an exam. They perform testing to get you ready to see the doctor. They also help to teach first time contact lens wearers how to wear and take care of their contacts.
Optometric Technicians and Opticians:
The optometric technicians and opticians are the glasses specialists. They will help you select your frames and decide which type of lenses best suit you and your lifestyle. They also adjust and repair glasses.
Full Service Lab:
- Optical Fashions is proud to offer a full service lab.
- We have the capability of making glasses within one hour. Even if we don’t have your lenses in stock we may be able to make your glasses the same day because we can order the lenses from in town and then cut them.
- Optical Fashions has the tools to tint your lenses to create sunglasses.
- Our optician is able to solder some broken glasses so you can wear them while we are waiting for replacements to arrive.
- We can make a tracing of your current frame, which is used to cut your new lenses. This allows you to continue to wear your current pair of glasses without having to give them up for days.
The business office does most of the “dirty work”. They do all the order processing for glasses and contacts. They also check your insurance coverage before you come for your exam and then submit the claims to your insurance after the exam.